|Please note, the rice takes about 10 minutes longer than the enchiladas, so prep
everything for both recipes in advance, start the rice & once the rice is simmering,
start on the enchiladas.
Ingredients for 10+ people
1 c. uncooked rice
1/4 c. butter
1 medium onion, halved & sliced thinly
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 16 oz can diced, peeled tomatoes
1 t salt
1 c. ice cold water
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add onion, pepper & rice.
- Brown on hi heat till rice is an even golden brown. Be sure to stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Add tomatoes, water, salt & pepper.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat & simmer for 30 minutes.
Creamy Spinach Enchiladas
1 T butter
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1 9oz. pkg frozen spinach, thawed
1 c. ricotta
1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (use Pepper Jack for more flavor)
1 can chopped green chiles
6 6" corn or flour tortillas, warmed
1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt butter over medium-hi heat, add green onions & cook till crisp-tender (~2 minutes).
- Add spinach, cook till heated thru (~1 minute).
- Remove from heat
- Stir in ricotta, sour cream & 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 c. + filing down center of each torilla & roll. Place seam side down in lightly greased (or use Pam) 13 X 9 glass baking dish. Repeat till filling is gone.
- Pour enchilada sauce over rolled tortillas, sprinkle remaining cheese onto enchiladas.
- Bake at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes.