Ingredients for 10+ people
10 ripe, firm plum tomatoes, seeded & diced small
1 clove garlic, minced
2 scallions, sliced thinly
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
2 t cumin
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
2 T canola oil
- Combine all ingredients & mix gently
- Chill 4+ hours
2 large loaves French baguette, sliced on bias
Italian salad dressing
Mix bruschetta & serve with cooled crostini.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place foil (shiny side down) on 2 cookie sheets
- Place bread slices on cookie sheets & lightly brush w/ salad dressing one top side
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Flip, brush other side with salad dressing & bake for 10 more minutes
- Check for doneness by pressing the middle of each slice, if it's still a little soft, it's done.
- If they're not done, no worries, just toss them back in the oven for a few more minutes. Be sure to check them every couple of minutes, you don't want them to burn.
- Remove finished crostini & place on cooling rack.
- Store crostini as soon as cooled in a sealed plastic bag to retain moisture if you want them to be less crunchy and chewier.