half a lemon / pound of salmon
fresh ground pepper
2 T ketchup
2 T soy sauce
2 t sugar
1 t chopped fresh ginger
sliced scallions or sesame seeds for garnish
NOTE - removing the ginger from the sauce recipe leaves an excellent sauce for katsu-donburi
- Squeeze 1 half lemon for each pound of salmon - collect juice in bowl in which to marinate salmon.
- Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Marinate salmon for 5 minutes.
- Grill salmon.
- Meanwhile, as salmon grills, mix ketchup, soy sauce, & sugar in separate bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 20 seconds on Hi.
- Add ginger to sauce & stir.
- When salmon is finished, place on serving plate & pour sauce over the fish.
- Garnish w/ sliced scallions or sesame seeds.